Now that it's officially Fall, my mind turns to all things pumpkin. I love, love, love pumpkin butter and this recipe is my favorite! It's non-dairy and a healthier version without white sugar. I'll have a jar of it in my fridge from now until Christmas ... perhaps longer. Hope you enjoy!
I love using pumpkin butter on:
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger
- ¼ t. ground cloves
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the pumpkin puree, agave & maple syrups with a whisk. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until thickened. The color will darken considerably.
- Stir the spices and salt together in a small bowl and add to the pumpkin mixture. Combine with whisk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow pumpkin butter to cook in a jar before sealing and putting in the refrigerator.
- Toasted english muffins w/ ricotta cheese, extra cinnamon & a drizzle of honey - heavenly!
- A dollop on vanilla ice cream
- A warm slice of pumpkin bread
- On corn muffins
Have a sweet day!
Image via: Flickr | photo by Susan Wolfe