When you are shopping for your pups this holiday season, don't forget to buy extra toys and supplies to donate to local shelters. Justin Rudd of Haute Dogs Organization (pronounced "hot") of Long Beach, California, has been hosting "Operation Santa Paws" every year since 2001 for shelter dogs and cats.
Please join me in helping Justin spread comfort and joy to dogs and cats in need! Santa's pup-elves need your donations by Friday, Dec. 20th at noon. Below are some of the items on the "Operation Santa Paws" Wish List ... see and download the full list here for both dogs and cats.
- Durable, hard, solid puppy/dog toy, such as indestructible Ball, Nylabone, Kong, Booda, Gumabones, Velva or Best Ball brand toys
- Sealed packs of dog treats (i.e. Pup-Peroni, soft Milk Bones or other soft jerky type dog treats)
- Dog and cat shampoo
- Dry puppy food
- Dry and canned kitten food
- Large and medium food/water bowls
- Heating pads for infant animals
NOTE: Because of safety and/or housekeeping concerns, stuffed toys, tennis balls, rawhide items and pig ears can not be accepted.
For drop-off locations in Los Angeles and across the country, click here.
Cheers to Justin and his team for your amazing effort!
Happy Dog Lovin' & Dog Givin'!
Image via: hautedogs.org