I love this idea for individual Granola Cups With Fruit & Yogurt from the Sweet Paul Holiday 2013 Kids Magazine. The recipe is quick and easy to make and the granola cups can be saved for several days to make breakfast or a lovely dessert. Click here for the recipe.
Here are some of my thoughts on the recipe for variations:
- I would substitute some or all of the butter for egg whites as it would be healthier and the granola already has a lot of flavor. Greasing the cupcake pan with butter will give that buttery taste.
- Don't forget the sprinkle of cinnamon on top! A must in my book.
- The granola cups would be wonderful topped with my Blueberry Cinnamon Balsamic Greek Yogurt recipe.
- This would be a great holiday dessert with a dollop of pumpkin pie filling, mousse or pudding and whipped cream.
- The granola cups would also be great for ice cream. Vanilla sprinkled with cinnamon would be wonderful or egg nog ice cream for the holidays.
If you haven't checked out Sweet Paul Magazine yet, be sure to take a moment to do so ... it's one of my favorites. Love the Holiday Kids issue .... great recipes and ideas and the photography is always amazing!
Have a sweet day!
Image via: Sweet Paul Magazine & iTunes